Re: newbie needs advice with HP Visualize and Debian

Matt Taggart wrote:

axl@tightlook.de writes...

First of all: Is a c3600 still competitive compared to an Athlon64
"3x00+" or an (used) Intel Dual Xeon 2200 workstation?

No. MHz-wise it's 2-3x slower and I suspect it is also less efficient per cycle. Sorry :( I think there are some benchmark results out there somewhere (I think tausq ran lmbench?).

I've been reading that installing Sarge is no problem, but X wouldn't
run. Is this still true?

afaik yes :-( for the builtin gfx but there was some report of successfull X run with some Voodoo and ati

http://www.parisc-linux.org/faq/graphics-howto.html

parisc-linux.org ml is also a good source of info :-)