Re: 712/60 bootp/dhcp network boot problem

bootp and tftpd hosted on hp5 (a 712/60) work fine together to boot hp4
(another 712/60).
The fix was to remove dhcpd and rbootd. The real fix was to review bootptab
for the seventh time and fix the single-digit error in the mac address.

Thanks for the help from everyone.

Another question:

My net connection is dialup and it takes many hours to download the various
packages I want. Is there a way to indefinitely suspend the downloads apt is
doing?
Sometimes I need to use our only phone line for actual phone calls.

I know the *real* solution would be for cable modem or DSL but for various
reasons they are not available at this time.

--
Larry