Re: cdrecord doesn't see my cdrw

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 02:14:48PM +0000, Gavin Seddon wrote:
Hi Gavin,
> I've just returned and I saw this thread.  I had the same prob. but
> thought I had to rebuild the kernel, I ran
> 'cdrecord -dev=ATAPI -scanbus' and got 'scsidev: 'ATAPI'
> devname: 'ATAPI'
> scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
> Warning: Using ATA Packet interface.
> Warning: The related Linux kernel interface code seems to be
> unmaintained.
> Warning: There is absolutely NO DMA, operations thus are slow.
> Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
> scsibus0:
>         0,0,0     0) 'HP      ' 'CD-Writer+ 8100 ' '1.0g' Removable
> CD-ROM
>         0,1,0     1) *
>         0,2,0     2) *
[...]
> What needs insmod(ing)
> Thanks.
> GS
Now, as I see, your system is able to ``see'' the cd-writer on the 0,0,0 ,
isn'it?
To burn your cd you only need, as for test sake, launch the following:

$ cdrecord -v dev=ATAPI:0,0,0 speed=8 -eject your_own_iso_image.iso

Another tool to use could be growisofs, which uses cdrecord+mkisofs
support to work (even for DVD burning, as I use on my Apple Powerbook; I
don't remember if it has already ported on HPPA):

$ growisofs -Z /dev/dvd my_favorite_folder_or_file

Regards

SteX

--
GPG key = D52DF829   --   Stex   --  <stefano.melchior@openlabs.it>