Re: Sarge lifimage install fails on gcc-3.0-base

Grant Grundler wrote:

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 08:55:23PM +0000, caslivkoff@speakeasy.net wrote:
... the installer doesn't have support for network installs.
The install menu only provides CDROM as the install source.  :-/
Hrm...that would seem really odd. Sounds like a bug IMHO.
Just to be sure, does the installer ask about network config?
ie is at least one NIC configured?
Nope. There was no option to setup networking at all. :-(

Maybe by hand fixup the /etc/apt/sources.list to point at a debian mirror?

ie use the "run a shell" option to hack around a bit.
I do not believe there was even a shell option from the install menu. If there was, I probably would have poked around a bit.

I was using a serial console when I tried this, so I could not get to VC2 to see if there was a prompt available. I will have to hack on this some more with a graphics console.

-chuck