Re: Sarge lifimage install fails on gcc-3.0-base

On September 13, 2004 06:58 AM, Thibaut VARENE <varenet@esiee.fr> wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:30:15 -0600
> Grant Grundler <grundler@parisc-linux.org> wrote:
>
> > I've never tried to extract or build a lifimage which included
> > an initrd and other bits to install a system. But all the bits
> > palo needs must be on the install ISO.

Yep. vmlinux & initrd.gz are there. I was able to create a lifimage using palo.  It even seemed to work, but ....

> They are. I don't know the layout of sarge netinst, but on woody ones,
> all you have to do is loop mount the ISO somewhere, and get the lifimage
> which goes by the name "root.bin" iirc, and which is in the boot
> floppies folder on the ISO.

... the installer doesn't have support for network installs. The install menu only provides CDROM as the install source.  :-/

Any other ideas?

-chuck