Re: pa-risc/linux abi

Greetings!

rwhaley@cs.utk.edu (R Clint Whaley) writes:

> Camm,
>
> Damn you.  For reasons known only to my personal demons, I have developed

:-)  You truly are a wonderful creation, you know!

> a pa-risc assembler kernel to make up for gcc's crappy single precision
> performance, so I can have defaults that work without HP's compiler.
> Can you confirm that Linux uses HP's 32 bit ABI (i.e., which registers
> are used in argument passing, and how the stack frame works)?  My

Debian hppa is 32 bit -- will forward the rest of this to the experts.

> assembly kernel works under HP-UX, and I'm wondering if it will under
> linux.  The document I used to write it I found on the linux site, but
> it's an HP doc:
>    http://ftp.parisc-linux.org/docs/arch/rad_11_0_32.pdf

I can try it out if it will work with 2.6.0.  I tried a build with
just the prefetch and -mpa-risc-2-0, and it failed.  If I can't figure
it out I may give you a shout.

Take care,