Re: [parisc-linux] RE: no login with 2.6 kernel and Mozilla probs on 712/60

yeah - testing has usually worked well with occasional minor brokenness.
(wow...see what the internet has done to my english! :^)
I've been running "testing" on my desktop/http/ftp servers for
the past couple of years and only had a few SNAFUs.
I've been dist-upgrading to testing yesterday. Takes a very long time on a 712/60 :(

(palo was the most recent one).
I compile PALO myself (compiled the 1.5 version yesterday), so I guess this won't be an issue.

BTW, if you move forward to testing (recomended), you can add
another source to /etc/apt/sources.list to pick up the
latest kernels (not auto updated). It's documented here:
	http://cvs.parisc-linux.org/download/linux-2.6/

There is a similar web page for 2.4 parisc kernels.
Yeah, found that already. Thanks.

> Ok, I'll try that one, there's nothing broken yet. I successfully rolled
> back to the old situation ;)
> Is there ongoing parisc support/development for the 2.4.x series, or are
> you guys only focussing on the 2.6?

That's what the original question was about.
For the past 6-12 monthes, we've mostly focused on 2.6 devel.
In the other mail you asked if someone could take responsibility for support on 2.4 . Sorry, can't help you with this. I'm a Java developer ;)

Thanks for the help.

regards,

Kenneth

Maak online je eigen website met Webbuilder http://webbuilder.msn.be