Re: Problem during the reboot phase (netinst mage 2004-05-16)

Hello Stex,

[...]
> > also shows a 'boot' fs like:
> > /dev/sda2                123699     66119     51193  57% /boot
> > /dev/sda5               1692128   1209236    396936  76% /
> >
> > (size came from my own system) and I put in my /etc/palo.conf something
>
> > like:
> > --commandline=2/vmlinux root=/dev/sda5 HOME=/ TERM=vt100
> > --init-partitioned=/dev/sda

[...]
Related to your answer to Matthew, can you send us the result of:
df -k
ls -l /boot

TIA

> > default in which you say which disk to use: sda).
> the same for me, but for the boot device (sdb, because of its less
> capacity). I shall use sda (4.xGB) for application use, or to test d-i
as
> well. That is better, isn't it?

I see, so you want to boot on primary boot disk (FWSCSI.6.0 iirc) and change
all sda in sdb.

Well I don't try to test d-i so  with 2*4Gb of internal disk, I prefer to
put the system in miror (md1) on the first 2Gb of each disk (well 2.5Gb
exactly) and put the rest (2*1.5Gb) together in a volume group for testing
stuff ;)

> > That said, palo is a bit like grub, it doesn't need to be run each time
>
> > you want to use or test a new kernel (like required lilo): just put
it

> > in your /boot with another name like vmlinux-2.6.6-pa3, interupt the

> > boot and just change the boot cmd with 2/vmlinux-2.6.6-pa3 and b ;-)
> > Just re-run palo to put in place a new palo, a new kernel that you fill
>
> > enough tested and robust for you.
>
> yes I know (I worked for HP Italy on hp9000 servers for a while, that
is
> whay I love them so much!)

Ah ok ;)

> > >the vt102 terminal get my console *dirty* of character, therefore I
prefer
> > >vt100 with seem a little bit *cleaner*.
> > >In the syslog of the installer i found:
> > >root=/dev/ram init=/linuxrc console=ttyS0 TERM=vt100
> > >palo_kernel=0/vmlinux64
> > >
> > Well depends of your actual terminal with hp terminal emulating vt200

> > and a terminal emulation like minicom vt200 works fine for me.
>
> I  shall try it
>
> > Yes, it's a know issue: it seems to be a licence pb :_(
> > But Grant seems to confident to obtain something :-)
> > But there are reports of succesfull use of some pci aty and voodoo2
gfx

> > card. (have a look in this ml or in the parisc-linux ml)
> > For my part I was luckyless: I try an aty but it was a card for a sun

> > and its initialisation is different then a pc model :_(
> [...]
> > Well, I hack a bit this stuff and reach to re-compile the Xhp server
but

[...]
I just forgot to spoke about OpenGL: Grant remember me that OpenGL was in
fact _open_ specification but no  implementation was never release in term
of open sources :(
[...]
> I hope too, he also said to me that actually it is not supported, maybe
in
> a future?
> Regards

Ciao,
    Joel

Tiscali ADSL, 27,50 ?/mois...pendant 6 mois.
La meilleure offre du marché !
http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=fr