Re: Stuck on bad change to etc/network/interfaces

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 05:31:52PM -0500, Harry Cochran wrote:
> 	I made a change to the interfaces file that is causing my A class 9000
> running a 2.4.26 Debian kernel not to boot (kernel panic when bringing up
> the interfaces). I know there is a way to get into a limited command set and
> edit the interfaces file, but my brain is dead for some reason right now and
> I can neither remember how to do it nor can I find the answer on the Web.
> Could someone please remind me how to do this?

If you append 'init=/bin/sh' to your PALO command line, you will get
dropped at a command prompt just after the root file system is mounted.

Run mount -o remount,rw / to get a read-write '/', and then
you can edit /etc/network/interfaces to fix your bug.

I'd be interested in seeing the kernel panic you're getting though,
I can't conceive of how something in there could be causing a panic.

Thanks,
	Kyle