Stuck on bad change to etc/network/interfaces

Hi,

	I made a change to the interfaces file that is causing my A class 9000
running a 2.4.26 Debian kernel not to boot (kernel panic when bringing up
the interfaces). I know there is a way to get into a limited command set and
edit the interfaces file, but my brain is dead for some reason right now and
I can neither remember how to do it nor can I find the answer on the Web.
Could someone please remind me how to do this?

Thanks,

Harry