RE: Disaster strikes

> -------------------
> >
> > umm Thibaut seems to confirm the same pb I mentioned :)
> > and you could try it's tips but iirc it will not works (device busy
> :( )
>
> Don't you know that when I tell someone to do something, I usually
> double check that what I say WORKS ??

Where do you read it?

> Contrary to you, who haven't EVEN TRIED what I mentionned in my
> previous mail, otherwise you'd have noticed that it DOES WORK.

I trust we didn't spoke about same context:
if the pb that James encounter is well related to the kernel bug I spoke
about, you didn't miss  to read:
<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=239735>
and specialy this:
"[...]
> 2. After the system has booted, what does:
>
> 	mount -n -o remount,rw none /
>
>    say on your system ?
>
>    Also what does
>
> 	mount -n -o remount,rw XXXX /
>
>    say if you replace XXXX by what was printed by (1) ?

  # mount -n -o remount,rw /dev/sda1 /
  mount: you must specify the filesystem type
  # mount -n -o remount,rw none /
  mount: you must specify the filesystem type
  # mount -n -o remount,rw /
  #
[...]
"
which I hope will convince you that I was not alone.

Tiscali ADSL LIGHT, 19,95 EUR/mois pendant 6 mois, c'est le moment de faire
le pas!
http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=fr