Re: Problem in booting with the sarge netinst.iso

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 04:30:43PM -0600, Grant Grundler wrote:
Hi Grant,
I have just performed the sea ipl test on the system, but I can only
find "No devices found.", even if the same cd-rom drive was used to boot
another workstation (and still works), an HP9000/710.

To discontinue search, press any key (termination may not be immediate).

Path Number        Device Path              Device Type
-----------        -----------------        -----------
P0                 IDE                      ATAPI CDROM
P1                 SCSI.2.0                 TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-5401TA
P2                 FWSCSI.6.0               COMPAQ  ST32171WC
P3                 FWSCSI.5.0               IBM     DCHS04Y

it is the P1.

I also checked the dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/dev/null bs=2k test, the
yesterday image, which I burned on late night, passed it.
It seems the SCSI bus has some problem. I am going to proceed with
futher check.

> this inspired me to write a new FAQ entry.
> See http://www.parisc-linux.org/faq/index.html#cderror

good chance! good guide!

Thank you in advance

SteX