Re: HP9000/C3000 workstation (for d-i test) and monitor

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 10:34:57PM +0100, SteX wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just got a HP9000/C3000 visualize workstation and I inend to use it as
> the hppa d-i test station, but I have a big problem: I don't have a
> compliant monitor to connect to. I have a LCD monitor with, however,
> doesn't support 75kHz of graphical device output (only 60kHz), so it is
> unusable.

You also have a PCI Vis-EG graphics card installed?
(Vis-FX[246] cards are not supported)

Like other parisc workstations, hitting <TAB> at powerup should
let you cycle through all available resolutions.
I don't recall if it supports something like 1024x768 and it might
take some customization to make it work with the LCD monitor.

If nothing else, James Morrison's suggestion about using serial
console is a good one.

grant