Re: 2.6.2-pa3 framebuffer buglet and broken ALSA harmony driver

Le lundi, 16 fév 2004, à 15:14 Europe/Paris, Martin-Éric Racine a écrit :

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

Probably better suited to the parisc-linux kernel list, but since I'm not a
kernel hacker, feel free to forward it there:

2) ALSA Harmony drivers break during compiling.

There is an error message about some PCI-related function being undefined, which
breaks the kernel building process dead in its track.

snd_harmony: Unknown symbol snd_malloc_pci_pages
snd_harmony: Unknown symbol ccio_get_fake

If I'm not mistaken, the 712 workstation doesn't have any PCI bus. Make me
wonder why the Harmony driver would insist upon using one, then.

The ALSA harmony driver, written by Laurent Canet, has been merged upstream about 8 months _after_ being sent to the ALSA group. In the meantime, some stuff had changed
in the kernel, making it unbuildable...

That's a *feature*, and [very] low priority on todo list. Use the OSS driver instead :P

HTH,

Thibaut VARENE
The PA/Linux ESIEE Team
http://www.pateam.org/