Re: dovecot package problem (built with gnutls)

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 06:59:12PM +0000, Jools Smyth wrote:
> Has anyone else tried the dovecot packages ?
>
> I couldnt get it working. seems that building dovecot with gnutls has a
> problem on hppa.  Please see

> The debian package maintainer has access to my machine and is trying to locate
> the problem, but maybe some of you can shed some more light on this problem ?

Looks like it's a thread spinning and waiting for the TLS package to
create the real data file it needs, instead of the .tmp version.

I wonder if we have another package that uses gnutls on hppa and is
functional. My home system isn't up at this point or I would be poking
about the gnutls source.

Please ping me tommorow.

Things I suspect:
- Lock usage incorrect.
- Function descriptor problems.
- Race condition exposed on hppa systems.

c.