Re: KDE and sarge (dcopserver?)

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 04:14:35PM +0100, Damien wrote:
> I seems that KDE upgraded to version 3. I suspect the dcopserver is the
> cause (or a symptom): if I try to start it manually, it get:
>
> ~# dcopserver
> ICE Connection rejected!
> Any hint? Do I have to upgrade to sid?

Search the mail archive. I reported this problem several months ago
and Helge Deller found an FP misalignment bug in a KDE lib.
He and I posted .debs with the fix someplace.

Upgrading to a very recent 2.4 kernel (eg 2.4.24) should also work
since Lamont also fixed the FP misalign trap handler so that it
really does DTRT.

grant