c200 and woody 0.9.3 Iso questions

Hello, I am a newbie at Debian and specially on a different platform other than Intel.

I am trying to install woody distro on an HP C200 workstation. As far as I know it has a 10GB SCSI disk and visualize EG board / 128 Mem Ram.
After unsuccessfully trying to use the esiee distro (latest full iso and latest netinst iso) I landed on the 0.9.3 Iso.

The first thing that I tried to do was add the security.debian.org and an apt source from the net to do the upgrade. But it failed on libc6, saying that the kernel cannot support the newer version of libc6. Ok, so I tried some various installs, and removed everything but the apt-source of the install iso.

I took the recipe found in parisc-linux.org on making a new kernel, hopefully to use it. Has anyone tried it? First of all, do an update on the recipe list, because cvs.parisc-linux.org/downloads/linux-latest.tar.gz does not exist any longer. I downloaded the 25mb latest linux-2.4 source, and continued on there. I will put the new kernel tomorrow, and hopefully if it works, I'll add the web resources to do a normal apt-get update/ apt-get upgrade.

My question for the time being is, that I used a make oldconfig on the kernel compilation, and since I installed with the default, I kept choosing the defaults on the make command. Is that ok? I don't care about the optimization of the kernel, since it's going to be a small webserver that's going to show presentations.

Also, I'd like to know how many of you have used C200's for this linux, just to know what my odds are of something to work ;)

Thanks, Panos