Re: Problems with German PS/2 Keyboard

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 09:16:44PM +0100, Thibaut VARENE wrote:
> wilfried weiss <weiss@kurzestr4.de> wrote:
> > I install debian 3.0/woody on my hp712/60, but the
> > Keyboard(ps2,german) doesn't work correctly. When I try to type a
> > pipe symbol ( ALTGR + <>) i get 'unrecognized scancode 7f' back and
> > the other Characters eg. ÖÄÜ doesn't work. Why ???
> > dmesg: Linux Version 2.4.9-32 (root@paer gcc version 3.0.2 (Debian))
> >        PS/2Keyboard port at 0xf0108000 irq69 found device attached

> When asked for the keymap, you want to use the DEFAULT one, that is
> "qwerty/us".
>
> There are currently no keymap support for hppa, and that'll be worked
> around some day.

> I guess we should add a FAQ entry somewhere about that.

Could this be why I was completely unable to install until I for some
reason desided to just skip keyboard selection? If, then it's definitely
worth documenting :)

If not, then I'll just mention here that this did happen to me.
It has been running quite well since. I only use it (715/80) over
network now.