Re: Problems with German PS/2 Keyboard

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 20:30:44 +0100
wilfried weiss <weiss@kurzestr4.de> wrote:

> Hy List,
>
> I install debian 3.0/woody on my hp712/60, but the Keyboard(ps2,german)
> doesn't work correctly. When I try to type a pipe symbol ( ALTGR + <>) i
> get 'unrecognized scancode 7f' back and the other Characters eg. ÖÄÜ
> doesn't work. Why ???
> dmesg: Linux Version 2.4.9-32 (root@paer gcc version 3.0.2 (Debian))
>        PS/2Keyboard port at 0xf0108000 irq69 found device attached
>
> thanks for help
> barny..
When asked for the keymap, you want to use the DEFAULT one, that is
"qwerty/us".

There are currently no keymap support for hppa, and that'll be worked
around some day.

If you have ssh installed you can log into your box and reconfigure the
keymap, otherwise, you can try boot on the cd, mount your filesystem and
make the appropriate changes.
Eventually you may want to restart the installation process from the
beginning.

I guess we should add a FAQ entry somewhere about that.

BTW, you're obviously not running a stock woody. Default kernel provided
in woody is 2.4.17.

2.4.9 was provided on palinux-0.9.3 images.

Thibaut VARENE
The PA/Linux ESIEE Team
http://pateam.esiee.fr/