Re: Build kernel: sigh... got an ugly error message just before make lifimage

Joao Carlos de Lima Roscoe wrote:

 Hi everyone!

Maybe some of you gurus will be able to give me some enlightenment...

I have gcc, kernel-package, kernel-source-2.4.18-hppa, libc6-dev, tk8.3, libncurses5-dev and fakeroot installed in a C110, and I did the classic minueto:

cd /usr/src/
rm linux
ln -s kernelsrctree linux
cd kernelsrctree
make clean
make rmproper
make clean
cp /boot/config... ./.config
make menuconfig
make dep
make bzImage

Ha, you missed: <http://parisc-linux.org/kernel/index.html> ('make vmlinux')
or use make-kpg's method (I test it on a pce to package a custom kernel; I will switch to this method to manage easiestly my various configs, jut have to find howto create my own 'library' with my custom packages to install it via network on the other system a la SD)

hth,
   Joel