libffi on HPPA [was: Re: How could HP help Debian]

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 00:22, Randolph Chung wrote:
> > > port "libffi" to HPPA if they want to see LGPL-ed SableVM JVM (and
> > > probably also GCJ) working on these arches in near future [*].
> > Randolph Chung has libffi working quite well.  He's got copyright papers
> > sorted recently, and I believe he's just waiting for a spare couple of
> > hours to get it all submitted.
> Yes, unfortunately I'm heading out of town soon so it might not
> happen for another couple weeks. The basics are working, but we have
Yay! That'd be a real PITA in this case. I hoped to get it working RSN.

> some testcase failures that still need to be worked through and at least
> understood. If anyone's interested in helping out, please let me know :)
If you could provide an URL with the latest version and if it were
possible for me to build it [*] in a private directory in sid's chroot
on paer.d.o - then I think I would be intersted in trying it out with
SableVM.

Cheers,

				Grzegorz B. Prokopski

[*] I've seen that the build process is currently connected with whole
gcc build, but I guess you found out how to build libffi separately?

--
Grzegorz B. Prokopski <gadek@debian.org>
Debian GNU/Linux http://www.debian.org