Re: HP 720 workstation boot from CD

> I want to boot a Debian CD from my workstation.

Ok i suppose it too but there are a differnce between ISL (the boot loader
for hpux) and palo (for linux) :-)

> I burn the CD iso using Nero. I don't know if it bootable? How can I
>discover this?

With 'sea ipl' cmd

> My ISL does not have the Boot command.

Normal ISL is launch by PDC which is the program (into an eeprom on the motherboard;
some kind of pc bios) presenting a 'BOOT_ADMIN>' prompt.
Normaly to obtain this you should reboot your system and interupt the automatic
boot sequence by pressing <esc> key during the boot.

> I suppouse that hpux command from my ISL could boot the CD.

hmm I don't think so because ISL is design to boot hpux kernel onto a hp-fs.

Palo was design to boot linux kernel onto a ext[23]-fs

> But I did not have success.
> What does the command sea ipl?

well you will have a short explanation when you will be at the 'BOOT_ADMIN>';
to be short: sea search for potential boot device (included lan :) ) and
'sea ipl ' search for device with bootable media.

Joel

PS: please do not answer in private (let the list in cc), it is a pratical
good  practice :)

Soldes Tiscali ADSL : 27,50 euros/mois jusque fin 2003.
On s'habitue vite à payer son ADSL moins cher!
Plus d'info? Cliquez ici... http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=fr