Re: Kernel compiling

wilfried weiss wrote:
> which programms do i need for kernel compiling on my 712/60.?
> is there some programm like 'bin86' on hp machine.?
> is there a special hppa howto available.?

http://parisc-linux.org/kernel/index.html

I recently installed 30r1 from CD.

The default kernel installed is 2.4.17, but there is also a 2.4.18 on CD 1.
None of them provided autofs or smbfs so I tried to compile the kernel.
The shipped /boot/config-* looks authentic, but the supplied kernel
sources refused to be compiled, just like a 2.4.21 from www.kernel.org.

It seems that the HPPA port of kernel 2.4.x is not fully integrated with
Marcelo Tosattis tree. Instead you need the sources from

http://cvs.parisc-linux.org/download/

They work out nice, by the way. Is there any special reason why so few
modules are shipped with the standard image?