Re: apt-build and vim broken on unstable

Given my recent problems with kernel-package also failing in passing the HOSTCC
values recursively to the build tree (see the kernel-building saga about which
version of GCC produces broken kernels, a few weeks back on this same list) and
noticing that this is what apt-build would also do (pass values down via 'make')
I am beginging to suspect that 'make' is actually what's broken; it apparently
fails to recursively pass compiling options recursively down a build tree, if
they are given as environmnetal or commandline variables (it finally worked but
only when I edited the kernel tree's MakeVars file by hand, then also passed
the CC and HOSTCC variables as bash exports, plus as make-kpkg variables).

--
Martin-Éric Racine
http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/