Re: upgrading libc6 from 2.2.5-14.3 to 2.3.1-5 fails on 712

> While anyone indeed can, those who do ought to be shot dead. Reasonable people
> use always kernel-package to make their own kernels. :)

<shrug> if you do this once in a while, this is ok.... kernel-package
doesn't facilitate doing kernel development though.

> Btw, the same libc6 2.3.1 on i386 does not require any particular kernel; it
> works on 2.4.18 just fine.

yes, but we fixed a lot of hppa bugs in 2.4.19. you're just lucky
that you haven't run into them yet. :-) in particular i think the
following things in glibc need a 2.4.19 hppa kernel: get/setcontext,
signals with 64-bit kernels, LFS support....  i've probably missed
something.

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports