usb keyboard during installation?

hi,
i just try to install debian 3.0r0 on a HP Visualize C3000
(9000/785/C3000) box.
I booted from the woody non-us binary1 cd.
After appending 'nolangchooser' to the PALO options, dbootstrap
started but i suspect the usb keyboard on my box isn't recognized
since i'm just left to stare at the release notes...
Is there any possibility to get the usb keyboard working during the
installation aor am i forced to install via serial console? serial
console involves several locistical problems, so i'd prefer it the
other way round.

Thanks in advance,
wolfgang werner
perl -e '$,= "Just another Perl hacker,";print ("","");'