Tape don't work

I´m trying to use an internal HP DAT unit in a L2000 but I get a
"/dev/st0: no such device" error. Looking at dmesg I can see the tape
drive listed among other scsi devices (disk, dvd):

scsi3 : sym53c8xx-1.7.3c-20010512
  Vendor: SEAGATE   Model: ST318203LC        Rev: HP01
  Vendor: HP        Model: C1537A            Rev: HP02
  Type:   Sequential-Access                  ANSI SCSI revision: 02
  Vendor: HP        Model: DVD-ROM 304       Rev: 2.01
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
  Vendor: FUJITSU   Model: MAJ3182MC         Rev: HP07

but there´s none "Attached scsi tape.." line

Any ideas?