Re: non-US sources.list for woody

Matthew Wilcox said:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 10:57:31AM +0100, Aidan Delaney wrote:
> > Here's my current sources.list
> >
> > deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US      woody/non-US main contrib
> > non-free
> > deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US  woody/non-US main
> >
> > when I try to
> >
> > suckmyserver:/var/lib/apt/lists# apt-get install kernel-source-2.4.18
>
> that's because non-US is for packages which aren't allowed to be
> distributed from the US, not for people outside the US.  you should also
> add lines such as:
>
> deb http://mirror.direct.ca/linux/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
> deb-src http://mirror.direct.ca/linux/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
>
> though i wouldn't actually recommend using mirror.direct.ca as they're
> missing some packages.  there's a list of mirrors somewhere on debian.org

http://www.debian.org/distrib/ftplist

Aidan, if I may presume from your mail headers that you are in Ireland,
then try the following sources for apt:

deb http://ftp.ie.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.ie.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free

deb-src http://ftp.ie.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.ie.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free

I've just gone and had a look and the ftp.ie.debian.org archive contains
hppa packages.  Also note that I specified 'testing' rather than 'woody'
so that you can stand a 'safe distance' from the edge of the cliff but
still get some of the view.  =)  (You might prefer stable.)

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."