Re: XFree86 / framebuffer

Dear Henry,

well done, when the penguin is appearing, everything should be alright :-)

So, the next thing to do is to check the resolution and depth setting in
the XF86Config-4
look for a statement like "Default Depth" or "Depth" accompanied by a
Resolution description "1024x768"
it should say:

use 1024x768 with bit depth 8.

refer to the prior postings of the howtos and XF86Config's from the list
(google should find Ralf Hildebrandt's one for example :-)
good luck

bye,

Alex