ide controller

hi,

i've got an promise PDC20268 ide controller, which i would like to use in my hp
c360 workstation. i'm using kernel 2.4.18 (couldn't compile 2.4.19 and 2.4.20-pre7).
if i compile with "Generic PCI bus-master DMA support", the kernel
crashes when i insmod the 'ide-mod' module. it doesn't print useable
error messages, it just doesn't react anymore.

when i compile without dma support, i can insmod the 'ide-mod' and
'ide-disk' module, but it crashes when i want to insmod the
'ide-probe-mod' module.

would be great if someone could help me.

regards,
 moritz