Re: X11 on C420

Andrew Shugg wrote:
> Peter Will said:
> > {irony}
> > And thanks to HP for supplying no documentation...
> > {/irony}
>
> Well the documentation exists; HP just need to allocate an employee's
> time to "cleaning" the docs so they can be published without any
> intellectual property or embarressing trade secrets being released.
>
> AFAIK there isn't an abundance of HP people with a lot of spare time at
> the moment, so not much of this is happening.  Isn't that right?

In general, yes. "exists" != "accessible" in some cases too.
We just can't find the owner or no electronic version exists.

In the case of graphics, rumor is that HP doesn't own the IP
and as such will not be able to release it in the near future.
It sounded like it was still possible the documentation for FX 2/4/6
might get released but I don't know when.

grant