Re: Apache can't find libdb.so.2

* Matthew Wilcox (willy@debian.org) wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 02:32:43PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> > Apache is not functional because it needs to be updated.
> > libc6 did some rather abrupt changes and dropped support for old things :)
> > File a bug against apache or possibly wait for the compat libdb package.
>
> filing another bug against the apache package is terribly
> counterproductive.  i've been away the whole weekend and come back to
> a mailbox full of people whinging.  i'm not impressed.

This isn't my intention at all as I did take a look around places
(google links mostly) and saw enough noise was made.

I just wanted to get it up and running again, so I cheated and
symlinked to libdb.so.3, which worked.  Not sure if it has any
potential to cause me grief, but who knows.

I appreciate the work others put into these projects, so flaming a
maintainer or whining about something being broken is something I
don't like or would likely do.

Rather asking in a list like this is more productive as others who
know more than me may have a soloution to get it working, again, but
in the overall scheme of things, it is isn't running for a week or so,
big deal.. maybe I should learn a bit more about the system to get it
working myself.

:)

Regards,

Pete.