Re: HP 715/80 and SCSI Hard Drives

By report to the official site of Seagate, about your HDD:
http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/scsi/st52160n.html ,

In the manual: 2160pmb.pdf, it appears the following features:

manufacturing date: 1997
'SCSI-3 SPI...'
..
' Within 250 msec after power is applied, the drive responds to the Test
Unit Ready, Request Sense, Mode Sense and Inquiry commands.'
..

In brief, I don't know if this 'recent' disk is compatible with
the 'ancient' SCSI-2 bus of your 715.

But apart from that, it's true you can use disks with capacities
larger than 4 GB (for instance, my own machine: a 715/50)
.. Hoping to have been somewhat helpful.
--
D. Lorin