Re: Gnome

OK done the xinitrc thingy, now it comes up with some file permission
errors, as follows...
---
SESSION_MANAGER=local/debian:/tmp/.ICE-unix/391
Gdk-ERROR **: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)
Gdk-ERROR **: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)

waiting for X server to shutdown

      "it shuts down and a moment later this pops ups..."

system prompt:/# gnome-smproxy: unable to open display  :0

I then ^c to stop and get back to the system prompt.
----

I can run the KDE version of the desktop without as much fanfare...
But its SLOW almost un-useable...