Re: Virgin Newbie: Need help getting X working on 712/80

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, SANFORD,MARK (Non-HP-USA,ex1) wrote:

> I'm so new to to Linux it is silly.  I'm reading everything I can get my
> hands on.  I can't get X to work on my HP 712/80.
> From previous messages read, I figure I must have to use the framebuffer
> stuff...but HOW?

First configure the size and colour depth of your frame buffer, from the HP's
boot menu, then write number those down.  Boot Debian.  Once you're on console,
configure X to use the frame buffer device, at the EXACT SAME screen size and
colour depths.  Remember to also match your monitor settings to those.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, Espoo, Finland.
http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/