Re: Cross compiler

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 01:22:37PM +0200, Gianpiero Fasulo wrote:
> > Hi,
> > i had downloaded the cross-compilers and i had untarred it in /
> > i had added /opt/parisc/bin in $PATH
> > but when i try to give the make dep command i have this error
> > cannot execute binary file!
> > How can i do?

Sounds to me like you have got the x86 -> parisc cross compiler and are
trying to run it on parisc, maybe?  If you are trying to compile a 64
bit kernel on a parisc box, you need the parisc -> parisc64 cross
compiler, from the URL Willy pointed you at:

from there and install them with dpkg -i <filenames>