PA-RISC assembler information

Hi, does anyone know of any good sources for programming assembler on PA-RISC?

I have been playing around with some implementations of string functions for
glibc - hppa uses the stock C functions - and not had much success with
regard to increased performance. I've got all the PA-RISC 2.0 docs from the
HP website but I'm using PA-RISC 1.1, so it's not all applicable. Any
information like instruction timings, specifics of the superscalar (I think I
know how it works) and stuff like that would be greatly appreciated.

Although PA-RISC is a very simple architecture compared to Intel I would
still expect it would be possible to outperform the compiler in some cases.