ppp over ethernet not working in 2.4.18 pa 7?

Basically the idea was this: Carry the 715/80 home, attach the DSL
modem, copy the config from my laptop and it should work.

And yes, authehtication with my DSL provider seems to work, but in my
log I keep getting:

/dev/ppp: resource temporarily unavailable

and not a since IP packet is going out (none of ping or mtr do work,
neither with hostnames nor IP's).

Any ideas?

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (Im Auftrag des Referat V A)   Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de
Charite Campus Virchow-Klinikum                 Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155
>From empirical experience, your Exchange admin needs to put down the
crack pipe and open a window to disperse the fumes.