Re: hppa libc problems (bugs 140490 and 140494)

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 05:45:34PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> These two bugs need a resolution for woody. Options are: fix them
> properly, work around them, ignore them, or don't release hppa.
>
> It'd be possible to just ignore the problem, and leave the old cyrus-sasl
> around. It'd mean you wouldn't be able to rebuild cyrus-sasl easily,
> but that's okay. It'd also mean programs using sasl and ldap would break
> irritatingly on hppa but nowhere else, but I can live with that too.
>
> As far as making the problem go away, the easiest solution would seem
> to be to make db2 just version the exact symbols it exports. Can this
> be done? Is there any real reason not to do it?
>
> It's not clear to me what the deal with 140494 is. Have weak symbols always
> been broken on hppa (in which case why has this only now been reported)? If
> not, what's being done to fix this?

Are there any proposed patches for these bugs yet? I have a glibc upload
ready with some other important fixes, and I'm wondering if I should
hold off, to allow the hppa fixes in. If anyone has anything, send them
over. I can do builds on the a500 again (finally was able to get a full
upgrade on it to sid).

Ben

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/