Re: paer broken?

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 11:55:12PM -0500, B. Douglas Hilton wrote:
> From what I saw, it looks like you are possibly compiling an
> a.out conftest on an elf system or vice versa.

Hm, I'd be surprised. This is an utterly vanilla configure script, and
it just invokes gcc with some rather normal options (albeit -O3, but the
segfault doesn't seem to be in conftest anyway, as the sh -x traces
show).

> Usually a segfault is caused by an incorrectly linked binary of some
> type. Do you have some old crufty binaries (hpux?) on your system?

I certainly hope not. I don't maintain the system myself, this is
paer.debian.org. :)

Regards,