Re: paer broken?

From what I saw, it looks like you are possibly compiling an
a.out conftest on an elf system or vice versa. Usually a segfault
is caused by an incorrectly linked binary of some type. Do
you have some old crufty binaries (hpux?) on your system?

Something is certainly wrong. Maybe you should install an
older or newer libc for compatibility?

Conftests can be a major pain if they crash. If you're sure
your system should work with it maybe you could edit
aclocal.m4 and configure.in to bypass the offending critter.
I know that is not the right way to go, but thats the only
way I know how to do it.

Make lots of backups. Messing with autoconf scripts is like
brain surgery... you just never know for sure what is going
to happen until you try it :-)

- Doug

Colin Watson wrote:

I was trying to build the most recent version of spectemu (currently
stuck in queue/new) on paer, as it's a contrib package so won't be
autobuilt for a while. The build kept segfaulting with things like this:

checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
checking for XOpenDisplay in -lX11... Segmentation fault