Opening /boot/vmlinux-2.4.9-32
Branching to kernel entry point 0x00100000. If this is the last
message you see, you may need to switch your console. This is
a common symptom -- search the FAQ and mailing list at parisc-linux.org

And thats it. In a few moments I get a login on the dumb terminal, but
nothing further is displayed on the console.

I have experimented and setting sti=1 in PALO makes no difference.

I worked on this a while back and didn't really make any headway, but
I would like to get X running on this thing anytime now.

That business about switching my console, what do they mean? Isn't it
already switched via PALO? Do I need to change some settings somewhere
on the filesystem? Do I need some secret kernel boot option? Should I
try and make a new kernel? If so where is the latest debian source for
the hppa linux kernel?

Thanks list!
- Doug

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
Previously Grant Grundler wrote:
Boot from the 0.9.3 CD, install kernels/libs from CD and reboot?

Kind of hard considering I'm not on site :)

Wichert.