Re: Instalation problems on 712/80

Have a look at

http://www.hp.com/workstations/support/archive/manuals/A2615-90602.pdf

For some reason beyond me it says the internal HD should *not* be terminated. If an external cable is used this has to be terminated with an *active* terminator, although it worked fine for me so far with a passive one.

I think the lasi700 driver has undergone quite some rework between 0.9.2 and 0.9.3.

OTOH, it might help to use a newer kernel. I have a Yamaha CDR that for the heck of it didn't want to work until two weeks ago, spitting out similar messages at boot. I burned a couple of CD-Rs since then with no problems.

        Christian

At 09:21 PM 1/17/2002 -0300, Carlos Barros wrote:
On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 03:32:43PM -0800, Bill Ferguson wrote:

> I got the same error on my 715/100 but it was because of a bad (too long?)
> external SCSI cable.
>
> A new cable fixed the issue. I'd check the cable first, if you are using one.

No, the HD is internal, but I'll check the cable.

--
Carlos Barros.