Key codes for top left hand US keyboard and ^X

Hello:

I checked on the ^X keycode (i.e. control + x).  It, plus the top left
hand codes (` and ~ on the US, or North American keyboards) are as
follows.

  kb mode was XLATE

  press any key (program terminates after 10s of last keypress)...
  keycode  63 press		(lower case, backquote: `)
  keycode  63 release
  keycode   5 press
  keycode  63 press		(shift, upper case tilde: ~)
  keycode  63 release
  keycode   5 release
  keycode  62 press		(lower case numeric 1: 1)
  keycode  62 release
  keycode   5 press
  keycode  62 press		(shift, upper case exclamation: !)
  keycode  62 release
  keycode   5 release

  kb mode was XLATE

  press any key (program terminates after 10s of last keypress)...
  keycode  27 press	x
  keycode  27 release
  keycode   6 press	control
  keycode  27 press	x (i.e. ^X)
  keycode  27 release
  keycode   6 release

Hope you can create the necessary patch.  My "mount" command complains
about no link to /etc/mtab~, and I can't create one.

Regards

Dean
--
				Dean Provins
		dprovins@ucalgary.ca,  provinsd@telusplanet.net

Linux is a stimulating and productive alternative to other PC operating systems.