CD boot failure

Hello

I came into possession of a 715/75, which I understood was supported.
I obtained the ISO CD image, and a friend burned it for me (raw, with
closure, he assured me).

I popped it into the external drive and powered up.

Powering up gave me three boot options (I pressed ESC to get these):

	P0	scsi.6.0 	Seagate ST11200N
	P1	scsi.3.0	Sony CDROM CDU-561
	P2	scsi.0.0	Teac FC-1 HF V7

The Sony drive was used as I suspected the supplied HP drive (I've
forgotten the model) failed, virtually in the same manner as the Sony
(as follows):

b p1:

Trying scsi.3.0
Failed to initialize scsi.3.0
ENTRY_INIT status = -7

....dump of some registers...

Going into admin mode let me do another search, which found ONLY the
P0 device.

I attempted to compare the CD image with the ungzipped ISO image, but
of course I couldn't mount it.  The message was "mount: No medium
found", which I presume resulted from not having a file system on the
CD.

Can any reader tell me if I have a CD problem, or a hardware problem
(and what the solution might be)?

Thanks,

Dean

--
Dean Provins
dprovins@ucalgary.ca

	I support Linux as a stimulating and productive alternative to
			other PC operating systems.