Re: Problem installing .9 iso image on C240

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 07:06:14AM -0700, Charles Boone wrote:
> Sorry for not putting more useful information in the
>
> Here is what I have seen, except for the actual small
> crash message.
>

> I have tried all the install options, narrow, wide and
> sti.  I did happen to get past the crash part of the
> way when I kept compatibility with the older kernel.
> I also got the sti install to get farther than any of
> the others. Which I thought was odd, since I only have
> a serial port connection to the box.
>
> When running the sti option, I get a reasonable error
> about exim.. package being corrupt.  Then the I can
> not get any further in the install.  I think this is
> probably where the others just crash.  I have
> downloaded a different image this time, just to be
> safe.

You ran the 0.9 sti ISO on a machine with only serial console,
and got as far as installing packages?  Seems very odd to
me.

> I downloaded the 32 bit version, I am going to try the
> 64bit version now.

Can you try the 0.9.1 ISO instead?  It is one CD that boots
on 32 and 64 bit, and automatically detects whether to use
sti or serial consoles.  See mkhppa1.esiee.fr

Errors such as packages being corrupt imply a hardware problem
to me.  Maybe an error writing or reading the CD, or similar.
The packages are on the CD, and are not corrupt in master ISO,
for sure.

Richard