Re: mutt on hppa

> The Debian package not depends on gnutls-dev and gnutls has build problems.
> See,
>
> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=gnutls&ver=0.2.11-1&arch=hppa&stamp=100
> 7267680&file=log&as=raw
>
> for more info. It looks like something is wrong with the configure test for
> libgcrypt.

libgcrypt is the culprit. It has some assembly code that is not PIC, so
it produces a shared library that has some non-PIC components. When you
try to run a binary linked against this broken shared library, ld punts.

i'll look into fixing libgcrypt if no one beats me to it, but it might
take some time.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>