Re: mutt on hppa

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 04:47:25PM -0700, Matt Taggart wrote:

> Gregor Anders writes...
>
> > are there any mutt debian packages ? i fail to compile mutt due to some
> > strange malloc problems during linking.
>
> The Debian package not depends on gnutls-dev and gnutls has
> build problems.  See,
>
> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=gnutls&ver=0.2.11-1
> &arch=hppa&stamp=1007267680&file=log&as=raw
>
> for more info. It looks like something is wrong with the
> configure test for libgcrypt.
[snip]

If you just want to build the thing, modify the Makefile to use
OpenSSL instead.  I did that recently on x86 with the Woody mutt
package.  There was something else I needed to do and I can't
remember off hand what it was, but it wasn't particularly
difficult to do.

I have NOT tried this on hppa, so I don't know if it will work
there.  I might try later though.

--
Michael Wood <mwood@its.uct.ac.za>