Re: Packages needed for iso

In article <[🔎] 20011025062539.6065D37D00@carmen.fc.hp.com> you wrote:
> If people could take a look at these and see what they could do, that would
> really help. If you fix anything or know it can't be fixed in the next week,
> reply to the list.

Here's my (mostly) annotated list.  Some of these are probably less work
than others.  If someone wants to figure out the library segv (balsa),
that'll make a big diff to several pacakges, it would appear.

Things preceded by a '-' definitely need work, those with '+' don't need
any hppa work, although a couple of them need _POWERPC_ work...

kde is, well, kde.  I didn't triage it at all.

lamont

-apache - hppa version not in testing #113900 #114826
    Sounds like #114298 is the real bug, and these should be reassigned.
-balsa - out of date on hppa
    configure segv's in library. libc6 was the last loaded lib.
-bzflag, bzflag-server - not built on hppa
    bzfs.cxx:2200: nocreate is not a member of type `std::basic_ios<char, std::char_traits<char> >'
+eog - not built on hppa
    actually, not built on _POWERPC_.  HPPA is installed.
-evolution - not built on hppa
    see balsa.
-gabber - not built on hppa
    d-w: libgnomemm-dev (gnomemm failed)
-gimp1.2 - not built on hppa
    d-w: libgtk-perl --> failed
+gnome-games, gnome-card-games, gnome-games-locale - hppa version not in testing
    valid candidate, probably depends on buggy, since it's 63 days out of date.
-gnome-pim - not built on hppa
    see balsa
+gnome-utils - hppa version not in testing
    valid candidate, probably depends on buggy, since it's 38 days out of date.
+gnuplot - not built on hppa
    installed.
-gthumb - not built on hppa
    orb/orbit.h: no such file
-htdig - not built on hppa
    c++ errors that don't make sense to lamont
+iceme - hppa version of python-gtk not in testing
    iceme is current
-icepref - hppa version of python-gtk not in testing
    icepref_1.1-7.dsc: hppa not in arch list: all -- skipping
-iptables - out of date on hppa
    ld: BFD internal error, aborting at ../../bfd/elf32-hppa.c line 939 in hppa_build_one_stub
-kdebase, konqueror - not built on hppa
-kdegraphics (kpaint, kghostview, kview) - not built on hppa
-menu - not built on hppa yet
    c++ errors that don't make sense to lamont
-nautilus - not built on hppa
    d-w: libmedusa-dev  (failed: config.guess)
-quota - not built on hppa
    quotacheck.c:256: `FIOQSIZE' undeclared (first use in this function)
    may be missing build-dep: netkit-rpc.
+sash - not built on hppa
    NMU done.
-sawfish - out of date on hppa
    see balsa (I think - it's a slightly different gtk segv...)
+scsitools - hppa version not in testing
    out-of-date on POWERPC.
-vnc (vncserver, xvncviewer) - not built on hppa
    gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations

non-US
-mozilla - not built for hppa
-proftpd - not built on hppa