Re: Test binutils packages made...please test quickly

Hi,

I tried to compile the packages on MIPS (Indigo2/200/196M).
There seems to be a problem with the following line:

cat `find build-tree/binutils-2.11.92.0.5/builddir-single -name '*.sum'`
>> /mnt/build/binutils/binutils-2.11.92.0.5/test-summary

The problem is, that the find command doesn't return a result and thus
the cat hangs the build process.
I'm not sure if it's bug or if I'm just too dumb to build the
packages.
I did a dpkg-source -x foobar.dsc and a dpkg-buildpackage,
am I missing something ?

	Cya, Klaus

On Sun, 14 Oct 2001, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:

> I just placed some test debs on klecker for testing.  Can you try those
> out on any archs that you can gain access to?  Alpha is ok with this, and
> I'm intending on building mips, m68k, and sparc, but haven't done so yet.
>
> The debs are at:
> 	http://klecker.debian.org/~chris/binutils
>
> I've done more to this release aside from the patch that was in that
> message (-z combreloc is enabled by default), so I'd appreciate if you
> could give it a thorough test to be sure nothing breaks on whatever archs
> that you can get to.  I'll see what I can do on the archs that I have
> here as well.
>
> Thanks!
>
> On Sun, 14 Oct 2001, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:
>

> > On Sun, 14 Oct 2001, Randolph Chung wrote:
> >
> > > Chris,
> > >
> > > This is a binutils bug reported upstream.
> > > (http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2001-10/msg00240.html)
> > >
> > > there's a patch in that message; or we can wait for .6 i guess...
> >
> > I'll be preparing a new upload tomorrow with the patch (caught the
> > announcement on the mips list).  I'll let you know when the source package
> > hits incoming so that you can test it out.

Full Name   : Klaus Naumann     | (http://www.mgnet.de/) (Germany)
Nickname    : Spock             | Org.: Mad Guys Network
Phone / FAX : ++49/177/7862964  | E-Mail: (spock@mgnet.de)
PGP Key     : www.mgnet.de/keys/key_spock.txt